Subcontractor Center FAQ
Please contact the president, operations manager, or one of our project managers: ContactUs@colincc.com.
We may not be actively hiring, but we’re always interested in new talent. Email resumes or refer someone to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact our project administration.
To ensure you have all the information needed on the project, such as job-walk/site visit photos, addendums, drawings update/revisions, etc., we suggest that you access bid docs through our ftp site. We expect our subs to do their own take-offs based on the information provided on our ftp site.
Fax to estimator/project engineering assistant: FAX (530) 272-4581.
1. We appreciate attention to DETAIL: Identify lead times and itemize if possible.
2. Bid according to the scope clarification narratives provided on RFP. Acknowledge addendums issued. Note: On all proposals, you must list “Bid per plans & specs dated _______.”
3. Inform us immediately upon any discovery of conflicts in bid docs such as scope, drawings and specs, and constructability issues, so that we can resolve them before the project bids.
4. If you are deviating from what is shown on plans and specs at all, provide brief explanation and detail the specifics on your proposal.
5. Always list any cost-savings and value-engineering ideas that you come up with during your review of the docs.
6. If quoting multiple scopes/trades, please breakout pricing accordingly.
7. If it’s a hard bid, we request you submit scope letters 24-48 hours before bid due date to give us time to review and analyze information.
8. If it’s a T&M quote, please include your labor hourly rates, including regular, time and a half, double, overtime, and travel time, plus your material costs breakdown.
Most projects will not have immediate bid results. We need time to evaluate proposals for fair and complete analysis. Additionally, results will not be given until we have approval from the client on all of the proposed contract values. Email bid results requests to our estimator/project engineering assistant.
Please contact project administration for questions and status on subcontractor prequalification.
Bonds are required on a “by job” basis and sometimes “by contract” basis. Colin Construction typically carries payment and performance bonds on the project. If the contract is considerable in size, bid and/or contract documents will identify if bond is required from our subs.
Safety is important to Colin Construction. As noted above, an electronic outline/proof of your company’s safety program should be filed in our corporate office. Subs are expected to comply with all applicable federal and state OSHA regulations, as well as Colin Construction’s IIPP and Facility HSE programs. ILSM checklists and jobsite safety meetings are conducted on a regular basis by our onsite project superintendents. Please contact our safety program coordinator if you have any questions on our HSE/IIPP Program. NOTE: When an unsafe condition is encountered, report it immediately to our onsite superintendent.
Please see our standard insurance requirements here.
Please contact our contracts administrator.
Address to our contracts administrator.
We request that all contracts are signed and returned with ALL required documentation within 5-7 business days. Due to the aggressive project schedules of some our projects, we may need you to submit sooner.
Submittal POC is our project engineering assistant. Due to aggressive project schedules, please send your project submittals as soon as possible. Deadline dates to get submittals to corporate office is indicated on first page of your contract as well as number of hardcopies (if needed). Electronic submittals are preferred for faster processing/routing.
Email the appropriate job super and project manager.
Address to our project engineering assistant.
Colin Construction strives to pay all subcontractors as quickly as possible. Our normal cycle is 30-45 calendar days from the end of billing cycle. If you would like an alternate payment schedule, contact our contracts administrator.
Contact our controller, and have Colin job number and name, invoice number, and date handy.